The Clear Lines Festival will hold its 2nd edition on Dec 1-3 in Shoreditch, London, to talk about sexual assault and consent and where we are now. How has the narrative changed? Clear Lines aims to replace the shame and stigma around these issues with insight, understanding, and community. All are invited to participate in this unique event, bringing together artists, activists, survivors, academics, frontline workers, therapists, journalists and members of the public for three days of panel discussions, artistic showcases and workshops.
All our daytime events are free, but please book in advance here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/clear-lines-festival-tickets-39814849286
Our line-up includes:
• Film Night (Fri, Dec 1): 3 very different documentary films allow rape survivors to voice their experiences + Q&A with the international filmmakers
• Comedy Night (Sat, Dec 2): Sara Pascoe, Tiff Stevenson & a stellar line-up poke fun at our cultural attitudes around gender & rape culture
• Theatrical Showcases (Dec 2&3): Powerful shows that explore misognyny, male survivorhood, and healing after sexual trauma
• Literary Events (Dec 2&3) with poets like Sabrina Mahfouz & Bridget Minamore, novelists like Winnie M Li & Marti Leimbach & graphic novelist Una
• Panels on disabled, BAME, LGBTQ survivors; media coverage of sexual abuse; the criminal justice system; sexual trafficking; youth and consent
With Nina Burrowes, Solace Women’s Aid, Professor Liz Kelly, Tender, Brook, The Angles Project, Hestia — And many more speakers!
We are also looking for volunteers to support us over the weekend of the festival. Roles range from greeting and informing attendees, to supporting sessions and performances, to social media activity. Contact Hazel Nolan, email@example.com, our volunteer coordinator with your details and availability.
For more information, please visit our website: http://clearlines.org.uk/
You can also find on Twitter @clearlinesuk or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to spread the word: forward this message, or print out and post our attached flyer!
For press enquiries about Clear Lines, please contact Cécile Beauvillard Burman at Albion Media at 02030774945 or email@example.com
Do you feel passionate about raising awareness and understanding of sexual violence and consent? Do you want to do something about it? Then come see us at Clear Lines next weekend!